✓ Costumes picked out.
✓ Bulk candy bags purchased.
✓ Ghoulish & creepy decor laid out.
It must be Halloween! While this time of year is full of tricks & treats, it’s also one of the most dangerous times to be a pedestrian.
Halloween Driving Tips
According to the US Department of Transportation, pedestrian fatalities are at the highest they’ve been in decades. Do your part this year and follow these easy Halloween driving tips:
Halloween Driving Tips for Drivers
- Avoid using handheld electronic devices.
- If you see a drunk driver or impaired pedestrian on the road, contact local law enforcement.
- Be especially alert for all road users, including pedestrians, at night.
- If traveling for parties or trick-or-treating, try to park in well-lit areas. Keep windows tinted to avoid theft and park away from other vehicles to avoid accidental dings.
- Slow down in areas where pedestrians are likely to be or where sight distances are limited.
- Keep your windshield & headlights clean.
Halloween Driving Tips for Pedestrians
- Walk on a sidewalk if one is available. If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic, as far to the side as safely possible.
- Follow the rules of the road at driveways and intersections.
- Make yourself as visible to motorists as possible. Carry a flashlight, wear a small flashing strobe light, and wearing reflective clothing. Bright colored clothing is not enough!
If your car is in need of repair before your Halloween excursions, contact us today at 855-570-2601 or RICollision@griecocars.com.